Join Our Team
PAN International is a young and evolving international organisation. We’re a small (and growing) remote team of skilled professionals. We are dedicated to furthering our mission to make whole food, plant-based nutrition a core part of healthcare and to engage health professionals and medical students in efforts towards healthy and sustainable food environments.
If you are looking for a new career opportunity and you are just as passionate about the power of nutrition as we are, then maybe you’ve got what it takes to join the PAN team. Please check our current open positions below. If you think your skillset and experience are a great fit for one of our positions, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.
Current open positions:
Job Application Process
To apply for any open positions, please email a letter of introduction and resume along with your earliest start date and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application, you agree to the storage and handling of your personal data. It will be treated strictly confidentially in order for us to contact you regarding your job application.
Please note that we correspond with applicants in either English or German, depending on the position.
Executive Director PAN Brazil
Position Title: Executive Director, PAN Brazil
Reports to: PAN Brazil Board and PAN International
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Remote, based in Brazil
To apply, please email a letter of introduction and resume along with your earliest start date and salary requirement to: email@example.com
Application phase will end on 30 September 2022.
The Physicians Association for Nutrition (PAN) is an international NGO on a mission to eliminate diet-related deaths globally. By making whole food, plant-based nutrition a core part of healthcare and by engaging health professionals in efforts towards healthy and sustainable food environments we are advancing the food transformation needed to mitigate the three largest global health crises: chronic disease, climate change and pandemic risk.
PAN was founded in Munich, Germany, in 2018 and has since established branches in countries across Europe and around the world, including Israel, South Africa and the USA.
PAN strives to:
- make nutritional education a key part of medical school and the training of all health professions
- empower health professionals and students by providing education and clinical tools
- create effective nutrition programs and resources to optimally support patients and the broader public
- change hospital menus to include more nutritionally sound options
- build a global network of health professionals, scientists, and students
- create systemic changes and shape healthy food environments
We deliver evidence-based nutrition and health information, reevaluating our content regularly following the newest available and most thoroughly researched findings while recognizing and addressing the opportunities and limitations of particular research results and established scientific methods. We appreciate, welcome, and foster scientific exchange and discussion.
About the Role
PAN is currently in the process of founding a branch in Brazil. As PAN Brazil’s first Executive Director, you are the management lead and representative of the organization.
With support from PAN International, you will play a crucial role in developing further strategies to advance PAN’s mission in Brazil with a focus on implementing whole food, plant-based nutrition in medical training and practice.
You are responsible for the efficient and effective management of the organization. In developing respective projects and programs, you will manage different teams of volunteers and, eventually, paid staff.
- Work with PAN International and the Board of Directors to identify, create, implement, and manage strategic and business plans to actualize business objectives in Brazil, with measurable goals and objectives.
- Initiate and set up PAN Brazil’s strategy and network.
- Monitor organizational operations and business practices in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements in accordance with Brazilian laws.
- Manage finances including reporting to PAN INT.
- Along with the Board and PAN International assertively support fundraising activities.
- Manage organizational human resources for PAN Brazil. Identify, recruit, train and develop a talented team of volunteers and employees.
- Lead PAN Brazil’s communications, including representation on social media and the development of a newsletter mailing list.
- Along with the international leadership group, develop the organizational culture and promote transparency and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Represent PAN Brazil both within Brazil, and with the international PAN team, in ways that strengthen our brand and core messages.
A strong commitment to PAN’s mission plus an ability to establish this branch from the ground up is more important to us than years of work experience. We understand that not all applicants will have extensive experience in every area described under Key Responsibilities. Therefore, we are seeking a colleague who can demonstrate proactivity, and efficiently and effectively multi-task to meet the demands of the various roles described.
Additionally, we are particularly seeking:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding organizational and team leadership skills: able to plan, organize, problem solve, and prioritize in a growing organization in its early stages
- Experience in one or more area of organizational human resources, finance, communications, and technology
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively from a remote location
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong commitment to our values and mission, with high intrinsic motivation
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Able to travel occasionally within Brazil, and perhaps rarely, internationally
- optional: work experience in the health sector
Strengthened by Diversity
At PAN, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity, and equity, PAN offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age or genetic information.
Other Ways to Contribute
Support PAN with a one-time or recurring donation.
Start a Branch
Help us expand our reach around the world.
Become a Member
Support PAN and get added member benefits.
Make a valuable contribution of your time.
Do you want to stay in the loop?
Please subscribe to our newsletter below.