If you are interested in any of our open job positions below, we strongly encourage you to apply for them.
Director of Development (PAN USA)
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: PAN International Executive Director & International Director
Position Status: Full Time
Location: USA. Remote workplace
Salary: 80k – 110k USD, based on experience
To apply, please email an introduction letter and your resume along with your earliest start date and salary requirements to Mark Hofmann (PAN INT Executive Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2018, the Physicians Association for Nutrition (PAN) is an international NGO based in Munich, Germany.
PAN International recognizes the preventive and therapeutic potential that lies within whole food, plant-based (WFPB) nutrition when it comes to addressing the world’s leading causes of death, quality of life issues, and healthy life years lost.
PAN aims to raise awareness among health professionals, the general public, and policymakers about the role of WFPB nutrition in promoting good health and preventing and treating disease.
PAN strives to:
- make nutrition education a key part of medical school and the training of all health professions,
- empower health professionals and students by providing educational seminars and training,
- create effective nutrition programs and resources to optimally support patients and consumers,
- change hospital menus to include more nutritionally sound options,
- build a global network of health professionals, scientists, and students, and
- create influential medical lobbies in countries with established PAN branches to promote policy change and bring nutrition to the heart of healthcare systems and communities.
We deliver evidence-based nutrition and health information, reevaluating our content regularly in accordance with the newest available and most thoroughly researched findings while recognizing — and addressing — the opportunities and limitations of particular research results and established scientific methods. We appreciate, welcome, and foster scientific exchange and discussion.
As PAN’s Director of Development, you will lead organization-wide fundraising including major donor relationships and cultivation, foundations, and general fundraising. You will play a major role in maintaining and enhancing the financial stability and growth of the organization by actively engaging foundations and high-net-worth donors as well as developing and leading a team of volunteers.
You will be employed at PAN USA and will directly report to PAN International in order to ensure the best possible synergies and alignment with our international strategies while being supported by the USA team.
PAN consists of a team of highly dedicated staff and volunteers. As a young and growing international NGO, we are constantly evolving and creating new opportunities to advance our mission. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to develop ideas from the start within meaningful and diversified projects.
- Develop and implement PAN International’s major donor, foundation, and corporate donor development and cultivation strategy.
- Maintain and expand a database of donors, partners, and allies across sectors and movements.
- Develop, maintain, and manage strategic relationships with high-level stakeholders, focusing on donors and change-makers.
- Communicate PAN International’s strategy and goals effectively to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Research and prepare proposals for prospective major donors and foundations.
- Identify suitable projects within the organization’s plan to build a case for support and opportunities for donors.
- Develop, manage, and set targets for an effective team of volunteers and/or paid staff.
- Represent PAN International in relevant networks, events, fundraising gatherings, etc.
- Report directly to PAN’s Executive Director & International Director.
- High ethical standards and commitment to PAN’s core values.
- Extensive fundraising experience.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyze a variety of information to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to work independently from a remote location, operating from a home or remote office with communication primarily online and via telephone.
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally.
For the right individual, this is an opportunity to substantially impact a young, growing organization committed to the health benefits of plant-based nutrition, based on nutrition science.
Strengthened by Diversity
At PAN, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity, and equity, PAN offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age or genetic information.
Do you want to stay in the loop?
Please subscribe to our newsletter below.