If you are interested in any of our open job positions below, we strongly encourage you to apply for them.
do not delete this!
Medical Director (PAN INT)
Position Title: Medical Director
Reports to: International Director, Executive Director
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Timezone optimally CET +/- 6 hours, remote workplace
To apply, please email a letter of introduction and resume along with your earliest start date and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Physicians Association for Nutrition (PAN) is an international NGO on a mission to eliminate diet-related deaths globally. By making whole food, plant-based nutrition a core part of healthcare and by engaging health professionals in efforts towards healthy and sustainable food environments we are advancing the food transformation needed to mitigate the three largest global health crises: chronic disease, climate change and pandemic risk.
PAN was founded in Munich, Germany, in 2018 and has since established branches in countries across Europe and around the world, including Israel, South Africa and the USA.
PAN strives to:
- make nutritional education a key part of medical school and the training of all health professions
- empower health professionals and students by providing education and clinical tools
- create effective nutrition programs and resources to optimally support patients and the broader public
- change hospital menus to include more nutritionally sound options
- build a global network of health professionals, scientists, and students
- create systemic changes and shape healthy food environments
We deliver evidence-based nutrition and health information, reevaluating our content regularly following the newest available and most thoroughly researched findings while recognizing and addressing the opportunities and limitations of particular research results and established scientific methods. We appreciate, welcome, and foster scientific exchange and discussion.
About the Role
As PAN’s Medical Director you are the scientific lead of the organisation.
You are responsible for the scientific quality and regular output of resources that you will develop together with our Medical Content Executive and a team of volunteers. You will develop PAN’s training programs and conferences, and will represent the organisation and its content at international events. You will publish open letters and position papers on a regular basis to position PAN as a thought leader in public and academic discourse.
You will play a crucial role in developing further strategies together with the PAN core team, to advance PAN’s mission and especially to implement whole food, plant-based nutrition in medical training and medical practice worldwide.
To develop the respective projects, you will manage different teams of volunteers and you will coordinate intensively with PAN’s International Director and the Medical Content Executive. You will report to the International Director and the Executive Director.
PAN consists of a team of highly dedicated and intrinsically motivated staff and volunteers. As a growing nonprofit start-up, we constantly evolve and create new working fields to advance our mission. As part of our core team, you will be given the opportunity to develop ideas from the start and take meaningful and diverse projects from concept to delivery on a global level.
- Ensure regular output and high quality of PAN’s scientific content including the PAN Academy online courses, website content, and social media posts
- Support PAN’s Medical Content Executive in creating modules and lessons for the PAN Academy (PAN’s online education platform)
- Develop content yourself (e.g. online and offline articles, brochures, fact sheets, blog posts) and manage volunteers in the respective projects to create resources for health professionals and patients
- Develop the program for PAN’s international webinar series, conferences and events
- Position PAN in the public and scientific discussion via regular publication of open letters and position papers
- On the basis of PAN’s current activities, develop and evaluate further opportunities to implement nutrition in medical training and medical practice
- Together with the whole PAN team, develop further content strategies to advance PAN’s mission
- Represent PAN on social media, at webinars, conferences and other events
- Record, monitor, and report progress to the International Director and Executive Director
- Completed professional education in medicine or nutrition science
- Strong background in nutritional medicine
- Strong experience in scientific writing
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong commitment to our values and mission, and high intrinsic motivation
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
- Willingness to work as part of a global, remote team
Strengthened by Diversity
At PAN, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity, and equity, PAN offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age or genetic information.
Do you want to stay in the loop?
Please subscribe to our newsletter below.