GREEN FOOD EXPERIENCE
Share food, open minds
WHAT IS A GREEN FOOD EXPERIENCE?
A PLANT-BASED MEAL
Customise and prepare a plant-based tasting menu to enjoy with friends and fellow medical students on your campus. PAN will support you with recipes and resources.
A CURATED EVENT
Whether it’s a lunch, a film showing or a small-bites soiree, this event can be organised however you like to generate interest and maximise enjoyment.
FREE FOR HOSTS AND GUESTS
Receive a mini-grant from PAN International to be reimbursed for the cost of food. Hosts and guests can enjoy the meal at no charge. Who can say no to free food?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
HOST THE EVENT
Though your event should adhere to the grant’s guidelines, you can customise it to fit your vision. The resources included in our Toolkit will help you plan the perfect event and promote it on your campus.
After the event, you need to fill out a follow-up report that includes detailed information (see Host Guide). Please be mindful during this step, as proper reporting is necessary for full reimbursement.
Once you have submitted all information in the follow-up report and your event has been determined to meet the requirements outlined in the Host Guide, you will be reimbursed for your event’s food-related expenses.
Details about the grant assignment process are included here in our Host Guide and, when you apply, you will receive detailed step-by-step instructions via email.
In order to receive the grant, the event:
- must have at least 10 participants.
- must offer healthy, plant-based dishes.
- offers a menu, ideally prepared by the host and/or guests. We provide a recipe guide and other resources, or feel free to design your own. Although home-made healthy plant-based food is the best option, you can also opt for catering services, takeaways or restaurants, but make sure they offer plant-based options of course.
- must be duly reported and meet all the requirements included in our Host Guide (quick tip: keep your receipts and take some good pictures).
EVENT PLANNING AND SUPPORT
Our support doesn’t stop with the grant. Click here to download our Green Food Experience Toolkit, which includes all the resources you need to organise your event: a wide selection of recipes, social media templates, forms for your guests, a quick guide on food handling, a preview of the final report and more.
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?
What will you cook? How about…
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Baked Falafel
- Lentil Bolognese
Plus many more ideas and recipes in PAN’s recipe guide.
If you are thinking about hosting a Green Food Experience or you are already planning your event, have a look at this gallery for some inspiration.
* These fields are required.